Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

My Daybook: June 8, 2009




Outside my window...watching a robin preening in our neighbor's bird bath. It's beginning to feel summer-hot here.

I am thankful for...a husband who delights in my happiness!

Towards a Real Education...This week is P...P...Penguin! We're going to make it interesting with a trip to the Philadelphia zoo! Looking forward to reading some good picture books and watching March of the Penguins for Family Movie Night.

To Live the Liturgy...I'd like to get a plan in place for what we will do for our Sabbath feasts (our family night) during Ordinary Time, otherwise it is easy to let them go during the Summer.

From the kitchen...strawberries, strawberries, strawberries...jellies, jams, syrups, pies!

I am wearing...an old shirt and shorts, wet hair back in a ponytail for a day over the stove--no pictures of that!

I am reading...Home by Marilynne Robinson the sequel to Gilead, one of my favorite books of the year. I love that it is not really a sequel, but a concurrent story to Gilead. It is so good to meet the same characters again (they feel like old friends) in a way that fleshes out the previous novel while adding new themes.

I am hoping...for hubby to get home soon. On Mondays in the summer, he comes home early to give me some time to myself. I also hope the children all stay asleep for him!

I am hearing...Sufjan Steven's Chicago from the CD Illinoise, this song always makes me hopeful and brings me to a peace with the "sins of my youth" as the Psalmist writes. After college, Sufjan was some of the first Christian music I could listen to. I especially appreciate how he tries to reconcile his faith with pain, tragedy and sadness. And he makes me miss the midwest.

One of my favorite things ...early Monday morning with time on the front porch with a cup of coffee and my Bible when everything is still fresh and quiet...again, hope.

Bringing beauty to my home ...with roses from our yard...though it is sad to see the bush bare we enjoy them so much more inside. I can't wait for the perennial garden we planted to flower...again, hope!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
-Canning, Canning, Canning
-I must get our attic in shape before guests come!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Who knew playing in a box could be this much fun?



Read more Daybook entries at Peggy's page.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I LOVED Gilead and have been looking forward to reading the "sequel". Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails