Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

More on Celebrating Easter Season


Yesterday we celebrated Holy Baptism at our service. I appreciate that the service has the entire congregation not just pray for the newly baptized but to also renew their own baptismal vows.

In light of thoughts on Easter, I was struck by the relation of baptism and Jesus' Resurrection:

Grant, O Lord, that all who are baptized into the death of Jesus Christ your Son may live in the power of his resurrection and look for him to come again in glory; who lives and reigns now and for ever. Amen. (BCP 1979)

How am I, as a baptized believer, living in the power of the resurrection each day?

Also, along these lines my sweet friend sent me this link with lots of ideas for celebrating the 50 days of Easter. Thanks Christina! We really are just starting Easter season so even if you haven't made much of this time in the past, the site has many great ways to begin. Let me know if you try any out with your family and how it goes!

I also loved the list that Story-Formed put together to Practice Resurrection based on my earlier post. Have you made your list yet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails