Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Breath Prayer

A prayer as long as a breath, done rhythmically as you breath in and out. A breath prayer is a simple and quick way to focus and center you in a quiet moment or in the midst of your busy day on Jesus. I find them helpful when I can't muster up much more and humbling when I want to pray in my own strength and hear myself talk rather than to be quiet and listen.

My breath prayer today comes from the Psalms an is used at the beginning of the Noon Office and Compline (the office before bed).

O God, make speed to save us. O Lord, make haste to help us.

The rhythm and alliteration make this easy to remember as a breath prayer. It acknowledges He is Lord and that we are weak, not always an easy thing to do.

A good prayer for this cloudy day, messy house, cranky kids, sick baby, and tired mommy. Save us, help us...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails