Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Children's Lent and Easter Book Basket

Our Book Basket for Lent and Easter isn't as large as our Advent/Christmas Basket yet, but our church library certainly helps. What a wonderful ministry!



This is the first time I've used the Amazon Link which I don't think shows up in a reader, you may want to click over to my page if you're interested in the books!

Here are some that we will be reading; 









While this next book isn't about the Passion of Christ specifically, it is a parable of Christ's forgiveness that has really struck a chord with my daughter.





For the littlest ones, we have this in board book form for little hands.




Here is C reading in the PEACE chair:





I've also included a few books on Prayer since this is an important discipline of Lent. The children love the beautiful illustrations by Eloise Wilkin.



G especially loves this book of envelopes with little letter prayers:



I will also put out books about St. Patrick as his feast day draws near.

Do you have any books you'd recommend for us as we look to expand our repertoire? Please share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these wonderful resources! I just put a number of them on hold at the library, and placed an order for a few more.

I've really enjoyed reading your blog and getting ideas for ways I can make our faith and the church calendar a more concrete part of our boy's lives. I loved idea to plant flowers for Lent. I must say I feel like I'm learning even more the the children.

Amy said...

So glad you shared. Let us know if you come across any others you'd recommend! The pic of the pot and dirt was so sweet on your blog.

I love that the church year is a practice that the family can do together not just the parents for the children. And each year I find more to learn! Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails