So I thought I would try to create my own lists for this summer. You'll see that much is taken directly from her but organized in a way that best suits us. Some of her preparation is different since she lives in a different climate and I'm way behind her schedule :-)
Most of these things I do accomplish each year but I've never put it all together into one checklist and I've rarely planned ahead. Which is a little rough when you're hit with 98 degree weather in April and have no fans or light PJs for the kids! Once everything was put together on one list, I was also so encouraged by how much it actually takes to keep a house running smoothly. No wonder I go to bed tired!
So here is what I hope to accomplish each Spring "Indoors" to get ready for Summer:
- Launder winter bedding; switch over to spring bedding
- Get out lighter PJs and summer clothes; launder and put away winter clothes
- Organize rainy day play gear.
- Put away hats/gloves box and set up sunscreen, summer hats and bug spray station
- Shampoo or hang out rugs.
- Take down storm windows; hang screens.
- Finish spring cleaning-Vacuum/Dust those hard to reach places (behind radiators, crown molding, under beds, and fans before we turn them on)
- Get out window air-conditioners
- Get out Summer linens for kitchen, dining, bathroom
- Put together a Spring Book Basket for the kids
- De-clutter Mud Room and Coat Rack
What do you do "Indoors" to get ready for warmer weather? Anything I should add to the list?
Tomorrow, I'll post on "Summer Preparation-Outdoors"! Thanks so much, Dawn, for all your help.